10.25.2011

I've been Swayed by the Cool.


I've been Swayed by the Cool.
March, 2005

Feeling like a sidekick lately. Just kind of sidelined, around for a good story, a bonus item to someone else's day. It's really not all that horrible of a place to be. I have fun at it, I'm not really a center-of-attention kind of girl. I'd rather be a little quiet, fill a bit of empty space. It's a lot of responsibility to be a headliner. While Cat 5 years ago had no problem being larger than life, current-Cat is a bit more mild mannered. I'm just as adventurous, just as reckless, but probably more internalized.

But every so often, when the principles aren't available to go eat curry or sit on a happy-hour patio with me, I think it might be nice to be a little more than that.

(The wiki article on sidekicks is pretty great. I also cannot stop listening to the Gaslight Anthem.)

No comments: