3.09.2011

Easy Heart


February 15, 2009


From where I sit now, this is from the first self-portrait series that I took with my D-80 that I actually like. It's in Maria's condo in midtown Albuquerque. It was sort of a weird place for me to live, not because of Maria or the room, but I never really felt like I was there. I moved in within days of the fire in the Golden West and moved out to come to Oklahoma; by far the most surreal period in my life. I spent a lot of time hanging Christmas lights that year, because I had nothing else to do. I was unemployed, bored and scared. Instead of updating my resume for the 5billionith time, I decorated. And baked. The El Rey crew can attest to the amount of baked goods I brought to the 'Rey after Christmas.

This picture was taken during my employment at a temp job in a office, where I was working 10 hour days and had a commute of 2 hours. Once again, surreal. The next afternoon, my grandfather passed away. I totally knew it was coming. I had no idea when, but I knew it was coming. I was thinking a lot about him that night, just hoping he wasn't suffering.

(Taken with a Nikon D-80, 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens. Exposure 1/3, Aperture f/3.5. No photoshopping.)

No comments: