3.23.2011

Stick Food.


Stick Food
September 25, 2009


The State Fair is my favorite time to take pictures, as I think it is for a lot of people. You can't imagine the people watching, the sort of folk who only come out twice a year (the state fair and Christmas shopping at the mall), and pile that on top of livestock, the worst/best food America has to offer, flashy lights, screaming children and big ass pumpkins. Put me on that list, keep me on it, never remove me. It's a complete sensory overload.

Kenneth's family used to sell ribbon flowers at the fair (right next to the South American flute players) which meant he spent a lot of days surrounded by a lot of madness. When he moved in, he took me with him. Good times at the ribbon flower cart; me and Kyle Anaya would run all over the park and take pictures.

This particular picture is from the Oklahoma State Fair last year.

(Taken with a Nikon D-80, 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens. Exposure 1/6, Aperture f/5.6. Reds and greens are color balanced.)

No comments: