3.31.2011

Thanks for the Memories


Thanks for the Memories
August 24, 2007


It’s fairly easy to make Tucumcari, New Mexico look post-apocalyptic. Doesn’t take much. You’ve just got to wait for that one car to pass by.

This is where my dad lives. In fact, my dad’s job is economic development. It sorta works, though. It’s like being given a clean slate.

I like visiting him in Tucumcari. Life really is just slower there. It’s nice to go to bed at 9, wake up at 6 and feel completely rested. There’s also some gems to eat at. It reminds me a lot of Raton, of course. I have no idea what the story is for this specific restaurant, but I know it’s been like that since my dad moved there.

Tucumcari’s the sort of place you can’t stay long in. It’s an overnight stay at max. But it’ll be a pleasant overnight.

(Taken with Nikon S1. Levels, colors and contrast are auto’d in p-shop.)

No comments: