3.27.2011

Prints.


Prints.
June 8, 2007


Already losing motivation, blegh. The last 10 or so blogs were back-blogged (as if you couldn't tell. Here's a list of things I don't do: 1. Wake up earlier than needed to blog.) and I finally ran out of them. So I'm trying to keep myself up and at least make it 40 days. Really, how hard can it be? #whitegirlproblems

So, the next ten or so images are from one specific year: that of my age of 22. I was fresh out of college. May of 2007 was the last time I intended to pay rent anywhere for a significant amount of time. My goal was to live as minimally as possible. My official address was with my mom, but I spent a significant amount of time at Kyles' and bouncing between friends houses. I also drove quite a bit, including all the way to Quebec. (that year has been blogged about a lot over here.) It was probably the most crucial year I've got so far. I always ask people lately if they learned about themselves whenever they do things. I learned a whole lot about myself that year.

This photo was taken at the Denver Art Museum on their sculpture garden. Denver was a stop on a mini-trip I took; through Raton, Denver, Kansas and Oklahoma. I stayed with one of my best friends from high school, Sarah Wright, who's actually an amazing photographer. What I like the most about it are the hand prints and how the wall, which I think was copper, actually looks like flesh. The light was just about perfect for making that wall look like that.

(Taken with Nikon Coolpix L3. Sad story about that camera: It was a Christmas present from Kyle and I cracked the screen the day before I took this, on my birthday. I got pretty lucky on most of my Denver photos, since I couldn't really see what I was actually taking photos of. No photoshopping.)

No comments: