3.29.2011

The Green West


The Green West
June 29, 2007


I came back home after hanging out in Oklahoma for a while. I almost moved for good that trip; I looked at moving in with Chelsey way back then. But it was good I came home. I spent most of my time just hiding, trying to get my head on straight. I slept in late, swam in Kyle's pool almost every day and ate a lot of burritos. That was the good life.

The fire in the Golden West is still a sore spot for me. It's simple as to why, I just miss it. I can hang out with all of the same people who worked there but it'll never be the same. But mostly I'm sad that it's still an empty hole, in every sense of the word.

I've got a million pictures of that place and it's surreal to look at them. This one is probably my favorite, but it's hard for me to pick. I've realized just how much I hate using a flash. I'd much rather set the camera on a flat surface and leave the shutter open forever. Patience, friends. The green is from an Alien IPA beer sign that hung directly above the taps. My camera was sitting on the bar, right at the end. That was favorite post when I wasn't working.

(Taken with a Nikon S1. It was Kyle's camera that he bought from Aaron then gave to me after I broke the screen on my birthday present camera.)

No comments: