3.15.2011

Survivor Tree.


Survivor Tree
March 17, 2010


And on the note of devastation,

It really is a good tree. Not so much around the time I took this, but in the Spring with all it's pretty leaves. That's the best part about trees. Once they're old enough, you really can't kill them. One of these days, that tree will die. Probably not in my lifetime, but as trees tend to do, it'll get old and tired of supporting itself. And it'll be a sad day.

It's the most photographed tree in the state of Oklahoma. Probably in the region. And how does one photograph something like that and make it look unique? You got me. (This whole project is making me release how picky and cynical I am about the pictures I take. I really need to just take some of my own advice and calm down. It's okay to like simple, pretty pictures.)

(Taken with a Nikon D-80, 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens. Exposure 1/320, Aperture f/5.3. Photoshopped the black and white with contrast.)

No comments: