4.15.2011

Banana Hands.


Banana Hands.
November 7, 2003


Kyle Anaya always said Chad had banana hands. If the definition of 'banana hands' is giant, then yes. He certainly did have banana hands.

I loved Chad's hands. They were calloused without exception and almost always had paint, marker or dirt all over them. Chad was a dude and he really couldn't keep himself clean. But I adored him for that and the rest of his simple ways. I've always liked the way paint or marker looks on hands. It's like you've actually done something with your day.

This picture is from the very, very beginning of our courtship; it's my hand inside his. We were sitting outside Rio Grande High School after a Big Spank show. I really liked this picture when I took it. It was my desktop wallpaper for probably our entire relationship. We dated for about six months, gloriously crashed & burned and now, almost seven years later, he's in federal prison. I might have dodged a bullet. Still like the picture though.

(Taken with a Sony DSC-P32. No photoshop. That lighting's pretty true. Why do all high schools have the same giant, fluorescent yellow lights?)

No comments: