4.08.2011

Port Authority.


Port Authority
January 1, 2008


This was my new year. After standing for what felt like an eternity, and what was actually six hours, Maria and I drug ourselves through Times Square and back into Port Authority to catch our ride home. I've never been so happy to sit on that disgusting, germ infested floor as when I sat down right then.

Port Authority is my gateway to New York City. I've never taken a ferry or a train to get there. I've always relied on the buses powered by New Jersey Transit, specifically route 161, the Patterson/Passaic route. I really wish they made NJT apparel, like the NYC subway stuff. There's no glamor in that commute, which is surreal, considering where it takes you. Plus, it really makes me feel close to my grandfather, as he made that commute every day for 40+ years.

Just the way I like to set my camera on a table for a picture, I like to do the same on the floor. That disgusting floor. I took one with a pigeon, which is even more perfect, but it was too blurry. I really do hate using my flash. Once again, makes me feel too obvious. I love how beat down everyone looks, especially the guy sittings' back posture.

(Taken with the Nikon S1. Who needs Photoshop when it's already that gritty?)

No comments: