4.22.2011

Lunchbox.


Lunchbox
May 19, 2009


The first few weeks I lived in Oklahoma were completely surreal. Nothing made sense. I got lost everywhere I went, I got drunk every night, I just was not myself. It was like I had my heart ripped out of my chest and I was 500 miles away from it. This isn't because Oklahoma was terrible. Oklahoma wasn't terrible. I was terrible and I would have been terrible no matter where I was. It took me a while to actually come-to and realize where I was and what had happened. And when I did, I realized I'd blown pretty much all of my savings at bars. Go figure.

Edna's took a good chunk of that because lunchboxes are delicious and $4 a piece. When you order them two at a time, chug them, love them, get more, buy your friends some... I've had a couple three-figure bar tabs at that place. But I'm pretty sure that's an Oklahoma rite of passage. I was making a new home and I didn't even realize it.

This is taken on Edna's patio. The dude is Murf, who I think was kinda sorta at that same place when I was. Me, him and Chelsey were a power-drinking ensemble for a while. The entire photo is just the reflection on the table, which was wet from all the lunchboxes that were once sitting there. Once again, let's stick the camera on the table and see what happens.

(Taken with a Nikon S610. No photoshopping. It's a random shot, but I'm kinda proud of it.)

No comments: