4.10.2011

Nerds in Love.


Nerds in Love
January 9, 2008


Almost immediately after Maria left, Kyle came to visit. I really had the best time when I was staying with Grandpa. That was an awesome month.

The first place I took Kyle was to the American Museum of Natural History. I loved, loved, LOVED that place when I was a kid. I still do. It's the reason I fell in love with museums and the reason I want to work in one. I remember very little of it when I was younger, but I knew I loved dinosaurs and I wanted to hang out with them every day. Little did I know that one day, I'd figure out you can have a career where someone pays you to do that. Go figure.

I've got some issues with the museum now that I sort of understand that it's basically just a collection of taxidermy and things Teddy Roosevelt shot. But it's collection is emmense and that sort of undertaking, regardless of personal biases, is worth witnessing. I prefer my museums to be a little more interactive now, more of a community center than a card catalouge if that makes any sense. But the AMNH will have a place in my heart forever.

So will the dude sitting to my right. the picture's taken on the steps of the AMNH. Our collective nerd brains about exploded that day.

(Taken with the Nikon S1. Grayscaled and contrasted.)

No comments: