4.07.2011

New Korea.


New Korea
December 30, 2007


I can't get enough of this photo. And bare with me because this is the first of a whole lot of New York City photos. But this one, I really like. The balance is just awesome. I'm a huge proponent of just seating a camera on a table and seeing what you pick up. Probably because it's discreat. That's exactly what this is.

Maria came to see me while I was in New Jersey. We did the New Years Eve in Times Square-thing, among other events. We went shopping at Macy's and wandered looking for sushi, but found a Korean place. Probably the most New York-thing I did when I visited, just wandered, found a restaurant and ate. I'd never eaten Korean food before (except for Korean BBQ) and it was a lot of fun. Both me and Maria were a little scared.

It helps that I have this habit of living with really attractive, photogenic people. The black blob on the left is one of those stone bowls that cooks Korean food while you eat it (just learned that no, there is no fancy name for those. They're just 'stone bowls'). All of the different wood-textures throughout the picture are nice. That's what she said.

(Taken with Nikon S1. No photoshop.)

No comments: