4.05.2011

French Doors.


French Doors
December 13, 2007


Being in Quebec wasn't easy for me. I had a significant realization there, I think it all clicked that what I was doing was really just prolonging the inevitable. I'd have to come back home, I'd have to get a job and this journey couldn't last forever. Not sure why it happened there, but I had a lot of time to think in Quebec.

Not learning French is something that infuriates me. I'm really mad at myself for it and I was especially mad about it when I went to Quebec and could barely communicate with my family. Bless the ones who spoke English. Bless them for taking mercy on ignorant, little me. I can make all the excuses I want, but I really should have tried so much more. It sort of put a damper on my stay there. While I had a great time, learned so much, I still wish I could have done more and learned more. I'm hoping to visit Quebec this Christmas with Mom. I think I'd have a much better perspective of it now.

This picture is of Ste. Croix's Catholic church. Ste. Croix is where I stayed during my visit. It's a small town, maybe 2,000 people. But it's enough for a giant, fuck off Catholic church. I took this during a solitary walk around the town. It was snowing, but really, when was it not snowing? It was also probably 3:00pm, which is pretty much bedtime up there during the winter. It gets dark super early.

(Taken with a Nikon S1. No photoshop.)

No comments: